Monday, June 9, 2008

Here is my second attempt at cloning. I was pruning the tops of my Snapdragon (Antirrhinum majus) flowers and decided to see if I could get any new plants to grow from the cuttings.

I cut them just under the nodes to allow for root growth. I left on just the few leaves you see here so that it can still photosynthesize light. I dipped the stem into a light mixture of water and fish emulsion to see if that would help stimulate root growth. After placing them into a flat with seed starting mix, I put them into a little jiffy greenhouse with the corner left barely open.

You can kind of make them out here in their new home.

Here is to hoping good things happen :)

No comments: